A Wide Range of Activities in Acapulco
Memorable days of rest and relaxation, between the sea and the natural resources, will spend the tourist who visits Acapulco. Varied and beneficial are the activities that this destination offers the entire world. Being one of the most visited in Mexico, it is expectable that counts with the best places for the most tranquil or daring activities.
Practicing golf in Acapulco has become an important attraction. It counts with first level golf courses that give a natural entertainment on the most beautiful landscapes. In Acapulco there are impressive golf courses:
• Acapulco Princess Golf Course with 18 championship holes, pair 72.
• Club de Golf Acapulco Course with 9 holes.
• Pierre Marques Golf Course Course with 18 holes, pair 72, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., renowned golf courses designer.
• Tres Vidas Golf Course Course with 18 holes, pair 72; designed by Robert Von Hagge.
Acapulco counts with incredible recreational parks that give a healthy and ecological variation for the visitors, as well as a deluxe option for the children.
• In Cici Acapulco Magico the family will find an extraordinary show of dolphins, seals and macaws.
• Acapulco’s Magico Mundo Marino offers slides into the sea, aquatic sports, trained exotic and tropical birds, projection room, marine museum, restaurant with a panoramic view to the beaches Caleta and Caletilla, as well as Roqueta Island, marine show and scuba diving show. As if this wasn’t enough, the recreational center offers pools with fresh and sea water, one of the major attractions for children in this big aquarium.
• ACA-ZOO is a small zoo where to watch a large variety of animals, including elephants, giraffes, macaques and an important diversity of snakes.
• Papagayo Ecologic Park permits to explore its ecologic areas and have fun in its exciting area of mechanic attractions, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities. The place is perfect for morning walks, practicing basketball, soccer and other sports; it also counts with skating area, kids’ playground with videogames, mini train and an impressive and beautiful lake.
The most known beaches are: La Condesa, Icacos, Pie de la Cuesta, Tamarindos, Caleta, Caletilla, Hornos and Hornitos; it also counts with several lagoons, among the most important are: Puerto Marques Bay, Barra Vieja, Laguna de Coyuca and Laguna de Tres Palos.
Sport fishing in Acapulco is a main activity within the aquatic activities. Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna, Dorado, Teleostei, Guachinango, Sea Bass and Pompano among other are the most wanted and common preys for the fishermen, however, fishing in open sea offers more species of fish prowling the ships and giving themselves to the rod. Acapulco counts with a large amount of providers that will take you to the best place, in comfortable ships that will take you safely into the sea and will do the impossible for you to catch that wanted medal.
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
The coral reefs located in the surroundings of the Acapulco coasts make scuba diving a main activity in the Pacific coasts, the colorful submarine species and vegetation offer endless hours of exploration and entertainment, especially in Las Gatas Beach. This beach has formations of coral reefs which the sea movement has molded with the passing of time, an excellent location to see all kind submarine species. The beaches Icacos, Roqueta Island, Caleta and Caletilla are good points for the practice of scuba diving and snorkeling.
The options for aquatic and extreme sports in Acapulco are varied.
• Surf is one of the sports with more benefits from the Pacific waters, where large and lasting waves appeal, year after year, thousands of enthusiasts of this sport. The main places where the surfers gather are: El Revolcadero and Diamante Beach.
• The rides in wave runner or Jet Ski are another common option full of adrenaline: race the coasts on one of these machines result intense and fun, whether for youngsters as for adults.
• Sailing is another activity that can be developed in Acapulco, just that for this sport is necessary a certain level of experience, strength and skills.
• Another excellent option is to fly in parachute watching the bay over 30 meters high while one is being pulled by a boat, it will be an unforgettable experience.